Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mark it on the Calendar!

So my daughter came running upstairs when I woke up today to inform me that it is Grandparents Day. A T.V. station was telling all about Grandparents and making a big deal about it. I kept telling her it wasn't, but she insisted. So what could I do but get on Hallmark.com and see if it was a real holiday. It was listed! So we made cards for all our grandparents and we will deliver them tonight with a little paper made flower. I realize that it might have to be done late, but I do think it is a great way to honor our grandparents. So send them a special note this week from your kids, or even let them call their grandparents.

Unfortunately Grandparents don't stick around forever. Not only did I lose one of my grandmas five years ago, I also lost my dad that same year. There are a million things I wish I could have said and done with my dad. I wish I would have taken more pictures of my kids with him. Don't forget how lucky you are and do it.

Anyway Happy Grandparents Day Today!

No comments: