Sunday, January 25, 2009

Valentine Bags!

A couple of years ago we started something really fun in our home at the first of February. I made each person a big heart bag. I used string for a hook, and two hearts stapled together for the purse. Then I wrote the person's name on it. We told everyone to think of kind things that someone has done for you, or what you love about them, or what you think they are good at. Then we told them that every time they should write that person a note (Little kids: Color a picture or have help from mom and dad). Then the Sunday before Valentine's Day (or after which ever is closer) everyone gets to look in their bags. NO LOOKING BEFORE THEN! Each bag hangs on the outside of their room. If you have multiple children in the same room, then you just let them choose an inside door to hang theirs from. Anyway it is really fun!

1 comment:

Jana said...

I LOVE THIS IDEA!! Could you take a picture of the bags you made? THank you for doing this!