Saturday, May 30, 2009

Our Family Rules:

This was really hard for me to do. I had so many new rules I needed to add to my older household, but I didn't want to frame all of them. So I framed this one. This one is more behavior rules:

Then I made a list of Safety Rules:

Most of these are for my 3 year old. It might look like too much, but I needed to just write them down and know what I expect.
I also have another list of House rules. Rules, Rules, Rules! I know to some it might seem extreme, but for me it will give me the guidelines I need to be a better mother. They are written the like the above ones, with the following categories: Eating (Cleaning up After yourself), Friends (Friends need to clean up their mess & You need to ask before they come to play), Chores (Do Them or else you do nothing else), Watching (T.V, DVD's, or Playing the Wii), Homework & Music (Do it so you are smart), Computer (Internet safety), Respecting House (Breaking things, Etc.), Respecting God (Going to church, etc.), Respecting Visitors (Don't be wild, go on time out when you are asked, don't show off), Respecting Myself (no hurting yourself, or your body). I didn't show you a copy of this one, because they are rules my husband and I have made. But they were categories we thought were important to cover, especially as our children get older.
I put a copy off all rules in my 3 ring binder. I now keep everything to keep my family happy in it. I have all the rules, all the consequences for breaking the rules, Every one's Chore Charts, Every one's Mom Jobs, Every one's Goal Charts, What makes us happy as a family, and what makes each person happy, Mom & Dad Responsibilities, Extra Monthly Jobs, and tips I found on the Internet to help us be a great family.
I will share some of these later.
Hope this helps you, if you needed an intervention as well!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Jon was looking at your rules and he said "The Ten Commandments" It made me laugh! We love the family rules too!

Nancy said...

Andrea- come to my house and organize me!! Please! I love your ideas!! They are so fun & cute!!