Monday, April 4, 2011


For me every day is Groundhog Day.

Not in a good way.


Every day I find myself picking up the same person's socks and putting them in the dirty clothes. Every day I hang up the same coats, and put away about 5 pairs of shoes. Every day I find myself putting bowls of half eaten cereal in the sink. Every day I put away every one's toothbrush, hang up the towels, and put about 6 boxes of cereal away. Everyday I find myself in just as much, if not more mess as I was in yesterday. With 7 people in our family, I am constantly doing laundry and never seeing an end in sight of it. Everyday at about 2:15 I become a typical mom and spend the rest of the afternoon and night in the car running the kids places. Every day I find I have at least three appointments that are at the exact time. Every day I become a referee, trying to keep my children in control and not killing each other. Every day I ask my kids to do the same things: Clean you room, put away your clothes, and do your homework! Most of the time I LOVE being a Mom. Most of the time I don't mind the Groundhog part of my life. And sometimes........

I don't.


Sometimes I want to shout, "Mom's Are People Too" So if you feel this way today, know that you are not alone, and know that tomorrow is a new day and will get better. And... of course it might be time to take a mini leave of absence from the kids and family stress to have a bubble bath, some chocolate, some peaceful music, read a good book, and relax. And then when you start your groundhog day again, it seems like you can handle it a little better. I know that some day I will miss the craziness, and you will miss it too, and guess what? We might even be bored.

4 comments:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Sounds like you need to initiate "Clean Up After Yourself Month." :)

http://lazyhazyandcrazy.blogspot.com/2010/01/clean-up-after-yourself-month.html

BTW I'm totally living in Groundhog day too.

Heather @ The Beating Hearth said...

I hear you! I had a crazy day yesterday too! I was so thankful when I came home from Activity Day that Ryan had done the dishes that I had left after making bread and started cooking dinner while I retrieved my youngest from the babysitter and then did the dishes after we ate. Thank goodness for a great spouse, it makes the groundhog days go much smoother!

Andrea said...

It really does. I would be dead if it was not for Rob!