Four quick notes on safety:
1. Have your kids wear their helmets. I always sit watching the kids come from school and only one or two are wearing helmets. I have started thinking of an idea to get kids to wear them to school for next year, but maybe you should think of a reward for your kids for wearing them this SUMMER. If you have the same problem at your school, my idea is to ask McDonalds or Wendy's to give free ice cream coupons and give them to the cross guard. When she sees a helmet, she gives out a coupon.
2. Another safety note is about cars and drivers. Yesterday a friend's son came home telling her that a toddler had been killed when a car ran over him, backing up. Yes Sensors, rear video cam, mirrors, etc. help this from happening, but it is not 100%. The only thing that is, is walking around your car before you leave and REALLY watching and going slow. You don't want to kill a child, so slow down people and check out how you are driving.
3. Lets be mindful of the amount of water we have right now in the rivers (and I don't mean in just Utah). Also we need to have a big reminder of the dangers of Hot Tubs and Swimming Pools. Commit to watching your children closely. My husband just went camping with my little son, and in the same canyon, on the same day a child drowned. It was so sad and I kept thinking, "What if that had been my son?"
4. Streets. Need I say more. Put out some sort of Safety reminder while your children are riding bikes. It will help drivers slow down and look for your child. Teach your children bike safety and road safety. If you have TEENAGE drivers talk to them about children and how it would wreck their life if they killed one.
I know we are all so busy and stressed as Mothers. But just remember to watch your kids and even if you don't get all the dust in the house, or the dishes aren't done, you will be happy because they will be ALIVE.
Friday, June 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment