Friday, July 1, 2011

Stop Pronography

I got this email from a neighbor and thought it was so great that I would pass it on.

I often wonder how I can help in the fight against pornography and other evils of our society. I was led to this site "OneMillionMoms.com" several months ago and have been very impressed with how they do things.

Approximately 2-4 times a month, I am sent an email. The email explains something that OMM is fighting against and offers you a way to add your name to the list of moms that don't agree (I think it's like signing a petition). I follow a link to a page with an email already typed up ready to go - I just add a subject line and my name and email. That's it. Occasionally, they send out emails like the one below letting us know when we have won a battle! Often we confront advertisers of bad programming asking them to pull their ads from that time slot. Many have been willing to comply and inappropriate shows have been cancelled!

If encourage you to investigate further if this is something you feel you should do!

Thanks!

http://www.onemillionmoms.com/issues.asp

OneMillionMoms.com is Making a Difference - Here's Proof
June 29, 2011

Dear friend,

OneMillionMoms.com is taking a stand by protecting our children from the media in a God honoring way. OMM is one of a handful of groups fighting back in an organized fashion against the exploitation of our children by the entertainment industry, and our voice is being heard.

OMM continues to stand up for Christian values which we have been commanded to do by God. We will not stand on the sidelines while our culture is destroyed. Here are just a few examples of what we have accomplished with God's help:

1. MTV announced there will not be a second season of "Skins" because of lack of advertisers! Praise the Lord! After OMM contacted sponsors for this irresponsible program they pulled their financial support immediately.

2. OMM warned parents of Gay Days at Walt Disney World on June 4. Success was measured by the very low attendance of families in the Magic Kingdom that day. A team from the Florida Family Association estimated that attendance by mainstream families was down approximately 50% to 60% over the average attendance of the last ten years.

3. After OMM contacted the Disney Channel concerning the inappropriate movie "Little Manhattan" being aired on their network, it has not aired again. Since you emailed Disney, there have not been any promotions or commercials for this film to be aired in the near future.

OMM continues to fight for the moral values that served our country so well for so long. We do so without apology. We continue to ask you to forward these action alerts to your friends and family. The more people we can get to join us, the more influence and victories we can have.

Please consider making a financial donation to support our efforts. OMM is one of the few organizations being effective in the culture war. To be successful in this war we need prayer, financial support and supporters who are willing to be the hands doing God's will by taking action and making your voice heard.

In return for your gift of $25 or more, you will receive a gift with free shipping. The DVD "THOU SHALT LAUGH 5" is the fifth in a series that just keep getting better! Christian comedians filmed in Nashville and hosted by the Award-winning "Queen of Clean" Chonda Pierce. THOU SHALT LAUGH 5 presents returning fan favorites Bone Hampton, Gilbert Esquivel, Taylor Mason and the hilariously funny Joey I.L.O., Leland Klassen, and Daren Streblow.

Thank you in advance for your donation to support the work of OneMillionMoms.com!

Sincerely,

Monica Cole, Director
OneMillionMoms.com

No comments: