Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall Leaves

One of my favorite things to do with my kids is go to the canyon (or a park) and pick pretty colored leaves. Then place them on wax paper and do a design with them. Then give them yellow, orange, and red crayon shavings and let them decorate their leaves. Then I put another wax paper on top, put a towel on top of that (at least two layers thick), and I take a iron and melt the crayon through the layers. It takes awhile but when you are done it is so pretty. I have had preschool moms frame it and put it above their beds. Anyway kids love it and parents too! Have a fun day!

3 comments:

Amy said...

You are amazing!! I had to sneak a peak at your blog! Link from Jon and Jana's- I love all of your cute ideas. I also love your post for Baby #5- Adorable!!

Young Family Adventures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Young Family Adventures said...

I have a question about this project... (Excuse my un-craftiness in this area) but when you put them on the wax paper.. do you glue them? Or just lay them on & do they stick together & stay on the paper after ironing? Or do the leaves come off & you frame the leaves or do they make a design on the paper (after the wax from the crayon is melted to it?) Or is it the paper that looks awesome after it has been ironed?

Looking for a great leaf project to do with my kiddos tomorrow of on Friday. I provide childcare to 6 young children M-F & thought this would be a fun fall project!! Thanks for your help. You can e-mail me the response if you'd like to jeanna1516@gmail.com Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas - I just found your site & look forward to reading more of your ideas!!