Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Mystery Dinner!




On Sundays we always eat a nicer dinner. But this Sunday we had so many leftovers I couldn't bring myself to make more food. So I came up with this idea. First I made my kids go play. Then I would put a different leftover on each plate, and wrap it in foil. I would also put a different drink in each cup and wrap in foil. Then I wrote a number on the foil. When all the plates were ready I called the kids in. I turned on some Halloween music (because its Halloween). When the song stopped I would pull a number out of a hat. Whoever was in front of that number got to sit down. When everyone had a plate, we all unwrapped our food. Everyone was surprised. Did everyone love what they got? Probably not. But they were so excited about the game that they didn't care. Also all my kids begged to do this every holiday. My husband and I laughed, because we really just wanted to get rid of leftovers. Anyway this is your idea for today! I think this would also be fun at lunchtime. Do different sandwiches on eat plate, etc.

1 comment: