Monday, March 23, 2009

Tissue Eggs


O.K. if Ukrainian eggs were to hard, then lets talk Tissue Eggs. My mom did these with us every Easter. First I will give you my mom's way and then I will give you an even easier way.
My mom always used real eggs. We would use a pin and make a hole on the top and bottom of the egg. Then we would blow air into the egg from the top hole and out the bottom the inside of the egg would come out (Later we learned you can also just use a shot med. thing to pull it out). Then we took all sorts of colored tissue that was cut up into little triangular pieces and glue them onto the egg. Then you would take glue and rub it all around the egg to make all the tissue lay down on the egg. Then you let it dry. You can also roll it in glitter if you want.
Now when trying to find a picture of the eggs on the Internet, I found the idea of using Styrofoam eggs instead of real eggs. I like this idea for really little kids, because then they don't have to worry about breaking the egg.
Anyway I hope you enjoy
this egg-cellent idea!
I think I have one
more coming to share!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Also I don't like having all one color of tissue and I like the pastels the best. Yellow, blue, pink, peach, white, green pastels all make really cute eggs.

Jana said...

I love it! I think we will try this one! I love this blog! Thank you!