Lesson Book A with CD Nancy and Randall Faber
Why I love this book for teaching piano to a first time young student:
1. The focus on technique embedded in the book through playful technique games, chants, and carefully-composed pieces that gently lead the child into pianistic motions.
2. The outstanding CD for the young student to listen, sing, tap, and play along with at the piano. The orchestrated songs on the CD feature children singing the lyrics, which has great appeal to the 5 and 6 year-old beginner. The book is about $10.00 and includes the CD!
3. The art features five multi-cultural children who are also learning to play. These "friends at the piano" introduce basic rhythms, white key names, and a variety of white and black-key songs that span classical, folk, and blues.
I know I have recommended this series "Piano Adventures by Faber" before, but I felt I needed to highlight this really cool pre-reader lesson book. So if you want to teach your child, try this out I think you will really like it.Disclaimer: As the teacher and parent, I do have to hold my hand over my mouth quite a bit because some of the songs and the child's actions can be really funny to watch, especially if the child is taking it totally serious. :)




1 comment:
"Friends at the piano..." It really is a great book
Post a Comment