My thoughts have been consumed with the people in Haiti. Especially the children. I can't even imagine what they have and are going through. It makes me sick to think of their situation. I have a little 6 month African American boy. He looks just like the kids in Haiti. The night after it happened we ran out of formula. What did we do? We ran around the corner to Walmart, that is open all night and bought some more. It struck me hard the next morning that something like that the people in Haiti can not do. It doesn't matter who they are to the child, they can't meet the child's needs. Even now a week and some days later they still have children suffering. I can't imagine not being able to provide basic needs for my child. And could I help my child feel secure, when I didn't feel secure. So many parents have been killed. Where are those little children? It haunts me. And so I encourage you to help in anyway you can, the children of Haiti.
My sister has always told me that she has a good 72 hour emergency kit and a good food storage, because she never wants to be in a position that she has to look her child in the eyes and explain why they are so hungry. It always makes me think when she says this. I think I will personally try to be better prepared for an emergency in my home, as well as help the children of Haiti.




No comments:
Post a Comment