Friday, May 21, 2010

Teacher Gifts

We just had our teacher appreciation week, so I gave my teachers a gift- that counts for the end of the year as well. Then my cuz called me and wanted some ideas, so I decided to post them.

What I did this year was a banana split of a great year bag! In it had Marchino cherries, carmel topping, bananas, m&m's, and waffel bowls. The tag read thanks for making this year a Banana Split Great year! It cost 8 dollars per teacher, which I didn't think was bad at all. Because I had 5 teachers though, it seemed like a lot at the register.

Last year I played it more simple. I just did a package of Whoppers and said, Thanks for a Whopper Year in Third Grade! The teachers really liked this as well and it was really fast to do.

My cuz needed ideas for bus drivers. I gave her the idea of making a paper bus thank you card and stacking starbursts on top of each other and attach to the card.

Another idea I came up with is to buy a book for the library in your school and donate it in their name. That way it helps everyone!

I like gift cards, but if you have five teachers like me that gets really expensive.

My sister does the unique gift of being a sub one day for each of her kids teachers. Of course to do this, you would need to be certified.

And lastly if you need more ideas than this, go here and they have lots of fun ideas for a teacher gift. www.skiptomylou.org/2009/05/01/teacher-appreciation-gift-ideas/ Skip to my lou also has lots of other fun things to make on their website!

No comments: