Here are my before and after pictures of all of the things I have refinished. I found out how to do these from the website http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/ I have really enjoyed seeing the finished product. I have been so frustrated buying new dressers made of low quality. I wanted 100% real wood, but that is so costly. So I found all these dressers for 125 dollars, bought paint for about 100 dollars, and Hardware for about 100 dollars. I figured out I probably spent the same as buying one dresser. I also redid my daughters bed and shelf in her room. And with all that money spent I got all this:
Before (Cracked top that husband fixed, Bright Yellow and White Dresser):
After (I painted red first, attached a vinyl ball on top and spray painted with white. Then I glazed with brown, new handles):
Before (Ugly White, Warped top that my husband fixed, gold dated handles):
After (Spray Painted Cream, glazed with brown, new handles):.JPG)
Before (Parent looking nice dresser, with missing handles and pretty beat up):
After (mirror spray painted purple, then glazed with black, Dresser spray painted white and then glazed with Black, new hardware):
Bed After: Spray painted white, inside shelves purple, glazed with black):
Shelf was red from a former lady bug room and I had never changed. Spray painted purple and glazed with black:
Before (pepto pink with flower handles):
After (Spray Painted blue, new hardware, no glaze):.JPG)
I also did my kitchen table and chairs. I think it turned out great!
Table: Spray Painted White, Glazed with Black
Chairs: Spray Painted Cranberry, Glazed Black.
Children: I did nothing to, just their personalities!
The nice part about all of this is we don't have dressers falling apart all the time, because they are cheap. I also really like how each one, just fit each person so nicely. It has been really fun and lots of work, but mostly fun. My only suggestion is to go to a PAINT STORE and buy a 6 dollar mask to block out the spray paint. I didn't do this at first and had paint in my nose, lungs, mouth, etc. The right mask is a must!




4 comments:
I forgot to say I also peeled off the vinyl after everything dried and that is how I got the balls painted on.
I love them! You are so amazing to have done all of those!!! Dressers are a lot of work, because of all of the drawers- but they are so fun!! Wanna teach that class with me? It will be a in Saturday in November. At 9:00 am!! I have a table and 5 chairs that I am planning to bring to paint- and coffee table. I plan on painting the chairs there, and glazing the table. I'd love your help!!
Wow Andrea, you did such a great job. I have 2 dressers I am trying to figure out how to do something like that to.
Those look great, Andrea!
Post a Comment