Saturday, August 23, 2008

Charts

You are probably noticing that I put a lot of ideas up about behavior. That is because that is what I am dealing with at home. I want my children to be good kids, respectful, loving, friendly, etc. Everything I have learned about behavior, whether it is reading or a therapist, they have said to change it up quite a bit. So for me we take breaks on some stuff and do new stuff and then return when they are excited about doing it again. It really seems to work. Anyway today's idea:

I am a fan of charts for kids. This is an example of one I did for good behavior in the car. They get a sticker if they are quiet, a sticker if they are fast getting to the car, a sticker for good behavior, a sticker for cleaning up mess in car, and so on. They can have this every time you drive somewhere. I put it in plastic protectors and we keep it in the car. It makes it really easy to motivate good behavior.

I am doing charts right now that I found under My favorite websites/Charts. I printed up a different one for each child and gave each of them a goal I wanted. For Example two have the goal of Cleaning their room before school and turning off their light. One has the goal of going to time out and staying there. Lastly one has the goal of not hitting. When the simple chart is filled they get a surprise.

Easy and so far a great motivator. Here is the website or look on the side area.

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

What you mean kids don't behave in the car? I've been looking forward to the time when Landon will have an easier time in the car. I guess I'll have to wait longer than I thought. :)

Andrea said...

Lots longer I am afraid!