When my daughter was in first grade she had a teacher that introduced her to Larry the Leprechaun. I thought it was a great idea then, but I think this year I am going to do it to my kids. Every day the teacher would create a weird mess that the kids could find. She always had a really small letter from signed Larry Leprechaun, saying the mess was his. He left gold dust sometimes, he left green footprints on their desks, he left notes, etc. but no matter what they couldn't catch him. So they set traps. Each child had to make a trap to capture Larry so they could get his gold. They did this at home, and it was really neat to see what they did. Anyway ended up doing the picture below. In the plate we had Karo Syrup and Gold Coins, to convince him to jump in. When he did he would get stuck. On St. Paddy's Day we found that he had snuck through all the traps and stole all the gold as well. It was really fun for my daughter! I might not do the traps this year, but Larry the Leprechaun is coming to my house soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
great ideas! I am excited to try this!
Post a Comment