Saturday, October 10, 2009

Halloween Fingerplays and songs

One of my favorite things to do with my preschool kids (or my kids at home) is get a big plastic pumpkin and fill it with shapes to make a pumpkin face. Then I put a big paper pumpkin on the floor and we have a song time for Halloween. Each of the shapes has a song or finger play on the back of it. Each child takes a turn picking one and then we sing it. Most of the time I don't write the song on the back, but put a picture of something that would hint to what we are going to sing, to stimulate their little minds. Ex. Spider song= Spider on back of triangle shape. Try it out for home use, FHE, preschool, or church. You can do any them and change every holiday if you want.
Here are some of my favorite Halloween Songs and finger plays:
1. Spider on the floor (get spider rings and each child gets one while you sing)
There's a spider on the floor, on the floor.
There's a spider on the floor, on the floor.
Who could ask for anything more,
than a spider on the floor.
There's a spider on the floor, on the floor.

Now the spider's on my leg, on my leg.
Now the spider's on my leg, on my leg.
Oh, I wish I had some Raid for this spider on my leg!
Now the spider's on my leg, on my leg.

Now the spider's on my chest, on my chest!
Now the spider's on my chest, on my chest!
Oh, I'd squish him in my vest, if it didn't make a mess!
Now the spider's on my chest, on my chest!
Now the spider's on my neck, on my neck!
Now the spider's on my neck on my neck!
Oh, I'm gonna be a wreck, I've got a spider on my neck!
Now the spider's on my neck on my neck!

Now the spider's on my face, on my face!
Now the spider's on my face, on my face !
Oh, what a big disgrace, I've got a spider on my face!
Now the spider's on my face, on my face

Now the spider's on my head, on my head!
Now the spider's on my head, on my head!
Oh, I wish that he were dead. I've got a spider on my head!
Now the spider's on my head, on my head!

But...... he jumped off, and now the spider's on the floor on the floor!
2. Five Little Pumpkins

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate. (one hand is gate, the other hand's fingers are the pumpkins)
The first one said, Oh, my it's getting late! (Point to wrist)
The second one said, "There are witches in the air. (wave on hand in the air)
The third one said, "But we don't care. (shake your head)
The fourth one said, "Let's run, let's run! (move your arms like they are running)
The fifth one said, "Isn't Halloween fun?
Then Woooooo went the wind (Make sound with mouth)
And OUT went the lights. (Clap Hands)
And five little pumpkins rolled out of sight. (roll hands)
3. Who's behind the pumpkin face
Who's behind the pumpkin face, pumpkin face, pumpkin face?
Who's behind the pumpkin face?
BOO it's me!
4. If you're a ghost and you know it!
If you're a ghost and you know it just say boo, ("Boo")
If you're a ghost and you know it just say boo, ("Boo!")
If you're a ghost and you know it and you really want to show it
If you're a ghost and you know it just say Boo!

Other verses!
If you're a cat and you know it say meow
If you're a skeleton and you know it shake your bones
If you're a bat and you know it flap your wings
If you're a vampire and you know it show your fangs
If you're a werewolf and you know it give a howl
If you're a mummy and you know it give a groan
If you're a witch and you know it give a shriek
5. Three Little Witches
One little, two little, three little witches
Fling over haystacks, jumping over ditches.
Slide down the moon without any hitches,
Heigh, Ho, Halloween's here!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey! What a cute blog. I'll keep an eye on it for lots of good ideas. Thanks.

Rae said...

I still remember the 3 little witches song from when Kaylee was in preschool with you! I love all of these Halloween songs.