My children ask me all the time, "Mommy do you believe in Santa?" And I always answer them with a very honest answer, YES! When they stop believing I make it clear that if you don't believe, you get nothing. And I make it clear that I really do believe in Santa. That keeps the magic alive and well (even when your 12). I had to teach my husband all about this, when he married into a believing family. And because we all believe, it brings a magical atmosphere to our house. To me Santa represents more than just someone that brings us toys once a year, or a commercialized holiday. Santa is special because he spends time with us and shows us he loves us! He follows the example of Jesus Christ and chooses to serve others. He makes others happy and does good deeds for us. He brings families together, and gives us wonderful memories. Santa is magical.
I remember when I was younger and the Santa that was living in our basement would come home from different family parties in the valley. One family in particular would only get together for their Christmas party, and this was the only time they talked to each other, or gathered together, and they always had Santa come. Santa was the only thread that was keeping this family together. It was important to them, and it always humbled the Santa that lived in my basement. I saw this Santa in the basement, do many good things for others. He brought families together, brought happiness-when their was none, did subs, and did good deeds all year long. He even sent a Christmas letter to each child that he knew. Now I do the Christmas letter in his honor.
I have heard people say that their kids resented them, that they felt lied to, etc. But for me Santa lives in my heart, and that's what I tell them. So far I haven't had any big problems. I really just link how Santa is good and how he is a symbol of Christmas, and that symbol is a example of Christ. Hopefully this helps if you get asked any hard questions this year or in the future.
Merry Christmas!




No comments:
Post a Comment