Thursday, January 27, 2011

Karo Syrup Painting

I think painting with Karo Syrup is one of the coolest looking finished product you could ever do. If you are drawing a picture and then painting check out this link and you can see all the steps.

www.eighteen25.blogspot.com/2010/05/summer-craft-ideas-part-five.html



When I did this to get my degree, we did it preschool style. We used thick white paper plates, and we would put drops of Karo syrup all over the plate. Then we added food coloring all over the plate. The kids then would move the plate and make swirls and watch the colors change colors. When dry, we cut off the rim of the plate and we had an awesome painting.



When painting with Karo Syrup I suggest going to the dollar store and buying brushes that you can throw away. Or you can go preschool style and just hold the plate and blend. Remember that Karo syrup if gets warm will stick to everything and will melt and make a mess. I made this mistake of putting the art in my binder and leaving it in the car. It stuck to everything. Hanging on a fridge, would be perfect though.

No comments: