Monday, March 7, 2011

Art Corner, Idea #2

Crayon Meltings!

I have listed an idea about this before under fall, but this is how it looks with out the fall leaves. You will need Wax Paper, An Iron, Crayon Shavings, A Heavy Towel, and Iron Board.This is how I set it up to let the kids create their picture. Then after they are done creating, I do the heating, but I let them stand on a chair and watch the melting. I like to use an old Iron and towel for this project. I also like to use another old towel to cover my iron board with- just in case. The picture goes on top of the towel on the iron board, and then the other towel goes on top. Then you slowly heat up the picture. It takes lots of heat to go through the towel, so it might be a little slow. This is what it looks like when done.

No comments: