Learning to write your name is a very big thing for a kid. I have my boys write their name everyday. When they are little, I give a slip of paper and then I let them color their paper. I tell them they are writing their name. I always keep the first one of every month. Oh and I always have a laminated copy of their name in front of them. As they grow I start to help them do more on their name. When I think they are ready to really start writing their name, I place the laminated version of their name under a tracing paper, and have them trace their name. After awhile I put it back in front of them and have them start writing it for real. After they write their name, I have them answer a question of the day. Are you happy? Did you eat breakfast today? etc. This is my 13 year old's name writings when she was little. I saved them and put them in her scrapbook. I love to save things like this, that show progress.

Not only am I glad I did this with my kids, I am also glad I saved it and scrapbooked it this way.






No comments:
Post a Comment