So this site is for helping and sometimes I hope you will comment with something you need help with. But today I need your help.
So I am in cub scouts now and need a really good behavior reward system. I am in a pickle so it needs to be really good. Keep in mind that I have a boy who can't have sugar so it needs to be either a mix of something or no sugar. Also I want it as an individual thing. From what I have heard these kids are little devils. Any idea would be great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Oh man. I don't even know! Unless they're under 3 I am clueless. How about a work-free merit badge? I guess I don't get scouts!
As I told you on the phone, I don't do rewards for scouts. I don't want them to choose between causing trouble or getting a treat, if that makes sense. I think the choice should be behaving appropriatly or going home. Call me harsh, call me mean, call me whatever you want.
We use a "three-strikes-you're-out" policy. First strike: a verbal warning, second strike: being removed from the activity. Third strike: a call to parents to come pick up the boy, and he is not welcome to come back without a parent. I have NEVER had to use strike three. The boys know I am serious and they behave.
I have in the past used a sticker chart system where the boys could earn a special activity (bowling, fishing, ice skating, etc.) They had to work as a group for MONTHS to earn it.
I have also seen someone use "CUB CASH" where the boys earned play money, and could buy things at a CUB STORE at pack meeting.
In my opinion, these reward programs should be used in addition to a strick behavior policy, not instead of one. I don't believe in rewarding kids for doing things they are supposed to do (like showing respect, or behaving appropriatly).
Sorry for being long-winded, but you asked!
Randy used the "three-strikes-you're-out" policy when he was in scouts and it seemed to work for him, too. Sadly, he got to strike three quite often with some of the kids. Other than that, I have no other ideas - I can't get my own kids to behave, let alone a bunch of rambunctious scouts!
I know what you mean Rae!
In my Primary class I have a poster with each child's name on it. At the begening of each class I tape 3 stickers by each childs name. They get one warning, and then they start loosing stickers. I even sent a note to their parents explaing the system and asking them to re-enforce it at home by asking how many stickers they ended up with. (and no, this is not an original idea)
Post a Comment